TO ASSEMBLE DISH
- Lightly marinate lamb slices in the TARE mix for 10 minutes.
- Roast vegetables in an oven pre heated to 170°C.
- In a hot skillet or grill, quickly sear lamb on both sides.
- Place roasted vegetables on bread toasted with olive oil.
- Top with heaps of lamb slices and then the caramelized onions.
- Add on more roasted vegetables to sandwich. Close the sandwich with another piece of toasted bread.
- Serve with side of Apple salad.
TO MAKE TARE (MAKE ONE DAY BEFORE)
- In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients except apple and sesame seeds. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Strain the sauce. Let cool. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add grated apple and sesame seeds to chilled sauce. Keep Overnight.
FOR CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and stir till softened, about 15 minutes.
- Add in the butter, stir constantly till butter and onions are nicely browned.
- Turn off the fire, season with salt and grain mustard and keep aside.
FOR APPLE SALAD, PREP BEFORE SERVING
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss till combined. Set aside before serving.